These engines offer high quality, high performance, high efficiency, low noise and low emission and are widely used for marine applications.
Design features of the 6D16 series:
- The re-entrant combustion chamber minimizes smoke and particulate.
- The high-position camshaft and the rigid push rod ensure the high reliability of valve drive system.
- The piston has an internal steel strut to reduce piston slap noise.
- The cavitations-free slip-fit dry liner is easy to replace.
- A piston cooling jet is used in the cylinder block.
- Engine Type – 4 stroke, watercooled turbocharged diesel engine
- Cylinder Arrangement – in-line
- Combustion System – direct fuel injection
- Number of Cylinders – 6
- Number of Turbochargers – 1
- Bore x Stroke – 118 mm x 115 mm
- Total displacement – 7,545 liter
- Type of fuel – diesel fuel oil (ASTM no. 2-D)
- Governor – mechanical
- Starting System – electric starting
- Startermotor Capacity – 24 Volt – 5,0 kW
- Lubricating System – forced lubrication by gear pump
- Total lub. Oil capacity – 13,5 liter
- Total coolant Capacity – 13 liter
- Main dimensions – length – 1345 mm
- Main dimensions – width – 778 mm
- Main dimensions – height – 978 mm
- Dry Weight engine only – 570 kg
- Marine Auxiliary output on 50 Hz – 106 kW, @1500 rpm